Marcus Amphitheater tickets for Summerfest are always in demand. It's the largest venue on the Henry Maier Festival grounds, and it opened 26 years ago. When the bigger musical acts come to Summerfest, they play at "The Marcus." Located at the southern end of the grounds, the Marcus Amphitheater is also in use before and after the Summerfest run.
Marcus Amphitheater Shows for 2016
- Selena Gomez - June 29
- Blake Shelton - July 1
- Luke Bryan - July 7
- Panic At The Disco
- Sting with Peter Gabriel
More show dates and times will be posted as they are booked. See you at the Marcus Amphitheater in 2016!
The Marcus Amphitheater is made up of reserved and bleacher seats, with a large lawn area at the back end of the venue. The Amphitheater holds 25,000 people when full. The roof at the Marcus Amphitheater stops at the back end of the reserved seating. If you want to stay dry, you should buy a reserved ticket.
The "Red" section at the Marcus Amphitheater makes up the first three sections, and they are closest to the stage. There are times when "pit" seating is placed in front of the red section, but that's not always the case. The "Yellow" sections fan out behind the red sections. Yellow sections are numbered four through eight. Behind the "yellow" sections is bleacher seating, numbered nine through 21. Tickets for the Marcus Amphitheater shows during Summerfest will also get you into the general festival grounds just to the north.
Marcus Amphitheater Seating Section By Section
- Red section seating starts in row "A" in the center, but the first three rows of section one were removed.
- Row "GG" is the last row of the red seating, in all three sections.
- Yellow section seating starts in row "A" and there is a walkway that separates the red from yellow seating areas. The last row in the yellow sections is row "X."
- Most red sections are at least 25 seats wide, going as long as 65 seats across, depending on how far back your seats are in the section.
- Bleacher seating starts at row "A" and goes as far back as row "CC."
- Keep in mind that there are no rows "I" and "O" at the venue.
In years past, some of the biggest names in music have performed at the Marcus Amphitheater. In 2013, bands such as Mumford & Sons, Tom Petty, John Mayer, 98 Degrees, Pitbull, and Fun all performed at the Marcus. Going back further, top selling artists such as RUSH, Britney Spears, Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr, The Black Crowes, Zak Brown, and The Eagles have all hit the stage over the years.
The Vans Warped tour makes an annual stop at the Marcus Amphitheater. Their top name acts grace the stage, while smaller band will perform on side stages adjacent to the Marcus. The stage is just to the west of the Lake Michigan shoreline, so it's a good idea to check the weather before you get to the amphitheater.